Readying the Studio for Open House on Nov. 9.
I always enjoy getting the studio ready for open house! One of the reasons I do open house is that the whole process results in a clean and orderly studio-- always a treat. It makes me wonder why I don't take the time to tidy more often.
Things are coming together. Today I:
- Painted the edges of paintings white
- Framed and re-framed paintings
- Threw away old stuff and broken things
- Hung still-lifes up in an orderly display
- Put away paintings that won't be displayed
- Varnished everything!
Sometimes it just feels good to putter. Even I, with my harum-scarum, "artistic" temperament love the orderliness of a studio prepared for visitors.
Holiday Open House
- Saturday, November 11, 2017
- 12:00pm 5:00pm
- Ann McMillan Art, Studio U-54000 Middlefield RoadPalo Alto, CA, 94303United States (map)
Please come to my studio for the Cubberley Artists Studio Program's Annual Open House!
This event will feature a deep sale of my studio landscapes and abstracts. My studio is too full of artwork. I will be opening my stacks and showing my large works that I usually have hidden in piles. If you have always wanted to own a McMillan, this Open House is a great opportunity.
At 12 noon, the Cubberley Artists will be presenting Meet the Artists, an quick presentation showing an overview of each of out Artist Residents in the program. Each of the artists will present a few minutes of story and background about their art journey's. then each Studio will be open for the afternoon with activities and art for sale.