Oil Painting Supplies
Painting:Beginning and beyond materials list for acrylic and oil. This is a recent and thorough list for an evening class at Palo Alto Art Center. My most pared down kit: A few brushes, brights and flats preferred, a color shaper, Lukas oil paint, Res'n'gel, the magic palette knife, a pot of Gamsol, and some Viva paper towels. that's it, besides an easel, garbage can, and a backpack. Oh, and some canvases and a palette.
Materials list of things that I love to use:
- Oblong elliptical palette knife
- Gamsol-- a low-odor turpentine substitute
- Lukas Studio paints available from jerry's artarama
- Viva paper towels
- Brights and flats with strong bristles
- Larger palette knife for cleaning palette
Larger Equipment for field painting:
- Easel Mistress
- wet painting storage boxes (pizza boxes work well).
- Paint-smeared minivan
Please see annmcmillanart on youtube for an overview of my oil painting kits. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezlbc4euKnM]