Drawing Supplies for Urban Sketching and Drawing Toolkit Classes
- 1 each of 2H, HB and 4B pencils
- White eraser in a plastic holder.
- A small watercolor pencil kit with 6-10 pencils. Caran d’Ache and Rembrandt are both good brands.
- Spiral bound sketch book, 9 x 12 or a bit larger. Regular drawing paper is fine, but if you want to start watercoloring over your sketches, you might like a mixed-media sketchbook.
- Micron Pigma pens, 1 and 3. Sharpies will do in a pinch.
- Pencil sharpener with a reservoir built in for the shavings.
- A little satchel or tool box to carry your supplies in.
My Figure Drawing Class sessions require a slightly expanded kit:
- 16 x 20 or 18 x 24 newsprint pad
- 16 x 20 drawing paper pad
- Black and white conte crayon
- Toned paper, 11 x 14 or larger.